Work is underway planning for the Fifth Annual State of the Entertainment Industry Conference, presented by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce and Variety. The theme selected for the 2016 conference is Hollywood Without Borders: The Global Entertainment Industry. The conference is the pre-eminent local forum that focuses on the importance of the Entertainment Industry to California and steps that need to be taken to keep it healthy. It includes a packed program and will be held at Loews Hollywood Hotel, 1755 N. Highland Ave., on Wednesday, November 30th.
Co-chairs of this year’s conference are Sharon Keyser, Senior VP, Real Estate, Government & Community Relations for Paramount Pictures, and Doug Troy, COO/CFO of Trailer Park. Producer Vin Di Bona will once again Emcee the conference. It will feature messages from public officials and industry experts. Amy Lemisch of the California Film Commission will provide an update on the California film tax credits program. Zach Katz of BMG US will highlight the new music company and the state of the industry.
Ted Sarandos of Netflix will be recognized with the 2016 Commitment to California Award. Steve Barnett, Chairman and CEO of Capitol Music Group, will be accepting recognition on behalf of Capitol Records marking the 75th anniversary of the legendary recording company.
Hollywood Chamber to Recognize Sarandos of Netflix at Entertainment Industry Conference
Katz of BMG US to Speak at Chamber Entertainment Industry Conference
Amy Lemisch to Discuss AB1839 and Tax Incentives at Chamber Entertainment Industry Conference
Vin Di Bona Returns as Emcee of the State of the Entertainment Industry Conference
Confirmed speakers include:
- Paul Audley, President, FilmL.A., Inc.
- Debra Birnbaum, Executive Editor, TV, Variety
- Victor Coleman, Founder, CEO & Chairman, Hudson Pacific Properties
- Kevin de León, President Pro Tempore, California State Senate
- Vin Di Bona, Emcee, Vin Di Bona Productions & FishBowl Worldwide Media
- David Eilenberg, President, ITV Entertainment
- Steve Gaydos, Vice President, Executive Editor, Variety | PMC
- Dana Goldberg, Chief Creative Officer, Skydance Media
- Jason Goldberg, President of Non-Scripted and Alternative Programming, STX Entertainment
- Michael Grindon, President of Worldwide Television Distribution, Legendary TV
- Jon Huertas, Actor
- Michael Kagan, Partner/Head of International Television & Media, ICM Partners
- Zach Katz, President Repertoire and Marketing, BMG US
- Sharon Keyser, Conference Co-chair, SVP - Real Estate, Govern & Comm. Relations, Paramount Pictures
- Amy Lemisch, Executive Director, California Film Commission
- Mitch O’Farrell, L.A. City Councilmember, CD13
- Doug Troy, Conference Co-chair, COO/CFO, Trailer Park
- Andrew Wallenstein, Co-Editor-in-Chief, Variety
Wednesday, November 30, 2016 /
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Loews Hollywood Hotel / 1755 N. Highland Ave., Hollywood
$99 before November 28th
Valet parking at Loews hotel is $20.
Self-parking at H&H is $15.
Event and sponsorship information:
About the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
For more than 95 years, the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce has provided leadership, business development resources, networking, and government affairs programs and services to keep the Hollywood business and residential communities safe, relevant and economically vital. Fariba Kalantari, DDS, is the Chair of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors 2016-17, and Leron Gubler is the President/CEO of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce.
For more information please visit: