Chamber Community Foundation
Hollywood Chamber Community Foundation
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation is an organization within the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce that promotes outreach and the well-being of the non-profit organizations within the community.
The Foundation is unique because, as part of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce, it illustrates the success of a business advocacy group giving financial assistance to the community that it serves, namely the charities that are members of the Hollywood Chamber.
The mission of The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation is to support and advance the educational, cultural and economic interests of the Hollywood community by:
- Developing leadership with a dynamic and innovative vision of the future;
- Linking the business in partnerships with educational, governmental and non-profit organizations; and
- Serving as a vehicle for research, planning and community education to anticipate and communicate challenges of the future.
The Foundation achieves its goal by awarding grants to charities that directly benefit members of the Hollywood Community. This process includes:
- Raising funds by staging events such as the annual Women of Distinction Awards and the Halloween Party.
- A review of each grant application by the Foundation Board. This process also includes a thorough research and a site visit by one board member to ensure that the application meets all eligibility requirements, and that the allocated funds will be used accordingly.
- Notification to each applicant on the status of its request. Organizations that are selected to receive funding will be presented with a check during one of the scheduled events of Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. Those who do not receive funding will be notified in writing of the reason, and invited to apply again once they meet eligibility requirements.
- The Foundation has awarded more money each year than in the previous year.
- More than $750,000 as of December 2014
The Foundation accepts grant applications twice a year with the deadline being end of May and end of October.
In its most current fiscal year, the Hollywood Chamber Community Foundation assisted the following local organizations:
Assistance League of Southern Calif.
Aviva Family & Children’s Services
Blind Children’s Center
Boys & Girls Club of Hollywood
Dress for success Worldwide
Hemophilia Foundation of Southern Calif.
Hollywood Arts Council
Hollywood Heritage, Inc.
Hollywood Police Activities League (PAL)
LAPD National Night Out
My Friend’s Place
Project Angel Food
Raise A Child Incorporated
St. Barnabas Senior Services
Stella Adler Academy of Acting & Theatre
The Blank Theatre Company
The Center at Bless Sacrament
The Harmony Project
To be eligible for a grant, an applicant must be a member of the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. The Foundation accepts grant applications twice a year with the deadline being end of May and end of October. When reviewing requests for financial assistance, the Foundation adheres to certain guidelines and gives preference to organizations that:
- Are well-managed and use their resources effectively
- Collaborate rather than compete with similar organizations
- Address the root causes of problems, rather than symptoms
- Make a significant contribution to the economic vitality of Hollywood
- Reach out to sometimes excluded groups
- Deliver services directly to those who need them
- Are 501(c) 3 charitable organizations
- Download an application for the Hollywood Chamber Community Foundation grant. (PDF)
The Foundation organizes two annual fundraising events: Heroes of Hollywood and All Hallow's Eve Party
Board of Directors of The Hollywood Community Foundation 2015-2016
All board members of the Foundation volunteer their time to attend meetings, fundraisers, site inspections and other events that further the goals of the Foundation.
Heather Cochran, Chair, Hollywood Chamber Community Foundation, Television Academy
Cindy Braun, Event Co-chair, Paley Center For Media
Carole Sarian, Event Co-chair, The CrisCom Company
Homer Alba, Hollywood Forever, Inc.
Sholeh Assil, US Bank
Matthew Fritch, Andrews International
Leron Gubler, Hollywood Chamber of Commerce
David Keeton, DC Keeton Home Improvements
Alwyn Hight Kushner, TCL Chinese Theatres IMAX
Roger Neal, Neal Public Relations
Fred Rosenthal, Ametron Audio / Video
Kristi Schaffter, Los Angeles Dodgers
Marty Shelton, NAI Capital Commercial Real Estate
Jeff Zarrinnam, Hollywood Hotel
Hollywood Chamber of Commerce Community Foundation
7018 Hollywood Boulevard
Hollywood, CA 90028
Main: (323) 469-8311
Fax: (323) 469-2805